Concerns may include: Thinking about suicide, a friend told me they want to kill them-self, worried about a friend, considering suicide, thinking of ending your life.
The University of Louisville Counseling Center provides short term individual, group, and couples counseling, crisis intervention, and psychological testing. Our clients seek services for a variety of areas of concern, including psychological, personal/social, academic, and career issues. Counseling Center professionals provide consultation to faculty and staff members, as well as participate in outreach, training, advocacy, program development, and research. Our licensed providers and graduate trainees work in conjunction with the University community to promote a healthy campus environment that maximizes academic success and student retention.
We provide both preventive and acute care for students, plus:
• Women's health services
• Psychiatric services, including medication management
• Travel medicine
• Free flu shots
• Allergy shots
• Specialist referrals & coordination of care with off-site specialists
• Student health insurance program
• Health insurance billing and advocacy
• Health promotion events and activities
• Sexual assault and violence prevention, intervention and assistance
Our office provides a variety of services in support of students, including:
• Assistance with a student concern, advocacy, or student grievance,
• Filing of a student complaint,
• Requesting an absence notification,
• Assistance with withdrawal or compassionate withdrawal,
• Assistance with a conduct situation (Code of Student Conduct),
• Requesting a student conduct record check,
• Requesting student emergency funds,
• Assistance with a Title IX situation (Student Sexual Misconduct Policy), and
• Requesting suicide prevention training (QPR training or AFSP "It's Real" training), or other information related to Cards SPEAK
If you need assistance but do not know where to go for help, contact the Dean of Students office.
The mission of the University of Louisville Police Department is to maintain public peace and safety, safeguard the assets of the institution and our faculty, staff, students and visitors, and assist in providing an environment conducive to the teaching, research and public service missions of the University.
The PSC is a psychology clinic, training and research facility staffed by doctoral students in Clinical Psychology who are supervised by Licensed Clinical Psychologists. The PSC is operated by the Clinical Psychology program of the University of Louisville and provides services for children, adolescents, and adults.
PSC also has an Eating Disorder Specialty Treatment clinic. The Eating Disorder Specialty Clinic offers empirically-based assessment and treatments for eating and related disorders. We provide services for eating disorders, disordered eating, appearance anxiety, body dissatisfaction, and eating anxiety. PSC also holds weekly eating disorder recovery support group. Go here for more information for support group. http://www.louisvilleeatlab.com/eating-disorder-support-group.html.
RLA exists to provide a consistent liaison to the University in order that open lines of communication may be established. The desire is to listen to and be heard by the University. Affiliation in RLA is voluntary and affiliation does not supersede any other affiliation.